9:59 am, Wednesday, August 14th, 2013
All about apartment, family, rants, real life, sydney, technological, university
Tagged with add it to the list, can we shoot them?, drama llama, fucking technology, gadget girl, ranty rant, uni days, urge to kill rising, white peoples' problems
One of those days that you kind of hate everyone and everything, and want to throw a bit of an adult tantrum for no tangible reason?
It’s not even ten in the morning, and that’s exactly how I’m feeling, honestly.
I spent four hours last night not working on my university assessment, but trying to fix my iPhone after an update left it frozen on the ‘connect to iTunes’ screen. Since it’s my only phone line and my mother is coming down today, I sent them both emails that I couldn’t know they’d both see, and worked on fixing it.
And then discovered that my mother hadn’t even noticed I was AWOL. Great for my self esteem,
So today, I have class (that’s where I am right now, actually) until noon, then I have to write a 500 word assessment for tomorrow’s class, get to the library to print it out, go to the gym, mop my floors, do a ton of washing and continue my pre-assessment freak out since all four of my classes have assessments due in the next week.
I absolutely wish I hadn’t gotten out of bed. That I had rolled over and gotten more sleep.
Just a no-good day and it’s only ten.
9:43 pm, Monday, July 29th, 2013
All about apartment, depression & anxiety, family, food, personal, real life, university
Tagged with can we shoot them?, home is where all my stuff is, i have no survival skills, life itself, uni days, urge to kill rising
I’d apologise for vanishing, but sometimes you just need to take a break from life.
But now that university starts again tomorrow, I guess I’ve returned to the land of the living. Or at least, the land of the active online. Hell, even on Tumblr, I rely completely on my queue for any kind of consistent posting.
So, university. I had a morning class, and then an afternoon lecture that I’m not really looking forward to, based entirely on the fact that I have to go over to the main campus and somehow figure out how to find the lecture hall on a campus that is like a small city in itself. It also kind of blows that I’ve already taken this class before, at a different university, but they wouldn’t give me credit for it when I transferred. I mean, the last art history essay I wrote for my previous university was 3,000 words long. This class? I think 1,500 words will be the longest (based on what I heard from last semester’s class, which I didn’t have to take, thank god). The first class? A compulsory first-year class, not much to say. Last semester’s course resulted in a dodgy mark because I pretty much told my lecturer I didn’t think she understood the course outline since she did such a terrible job of explaining it.
I tried so hard to be organised today – my plan was to grab my groceries and drop into the Apple store to replace my dodgy keyboard before coming home and building my last two pieces of Ikea furniture. Grocery shopping turned into a big deal when I could find a food processor under one hundred dollars across five stores. When I finally did get home, building my Ikea stuff tried to kill me, ugh. I really loathe Ikea.By the time I was done, I had to make dinner before realising that most of the ingredients for my pesto pasta were mouldy, absent or masquerading as other things, so I tried to make pancakes and scorched myself and the pancake so badly that I gave up and had toast, and am going to clean up the apartment and then make tea and go to bed with a book. I never claimed I was any sort of cook
Tomorrow is going to be a long day. I’m kind of edgy about tomorrow – new semester with new class locations? Makes me anxious. But I plan to nab lunch and maybe some new books (I found a 20% off coupon for Kinokuniya when I was cleaning earlier! A bag of books shall ease my nerves and frustrations.)
I guess it is time I started cleaning up. My mother is coming down tomorrow – my grandmother has a hospital appointment on Thursday that my mother has to go to – and she will complain if my place isn’t tidy
7:44 pm, Sunday, June 30th, 2013
All about apartment, health, holidays, real life, sydney, university
Tagged with it's all about ME, life itself, sick room
I had a great time at Supanova … but then I caught a nasty cold-flu.
I’ve barely gotten over it and I have to go back down to Sydney tomorrow to take down some more gear – winter bedding, a new and totally awesome purple toaster, and some other bits and pieces – and retrieve a few things I need during my uni break – dvds and my drawing tablet. Plus I have a few things to do in Sydney.
I have some great photos and stories from Supanova for tomorrow night, though
One of my favourite weekends of the year is the weekend of Supanova Sydney, a huge pop-culture expo at Sydney Olympic Park. There are actors, voice actors, comic book writers and artists, authors… this year, we have David Hasselhoff and the Weasley twins, some anime screenings and many, many exhibitors that I am looking forward to visiting (though, sadness, Wacom aren’t exhibiting this year . They were one of my favourites last year, and I was so badly hoping to get a drawing stylus for my mother’s iPad this year.)
We’re planning on getting autographs from Oliver and James Phelps, and I plan on getting one of my Futurama DVDs signed by Lauren Tom. I’m also on the hunt for some Super Mario knee socks, a Despicable Me 2 Agnes figurine and any Sailor Moon merchandise I can get my hands on.
Hopefully I’ll get to take loads of photographs this year. I’m not wearing a costume this year, but I will be wearing the super-amazing Avengers skirt my sister made me
6:04 pm, Friday, June 14th, 2013
All about apartment, art, books, home, internet, lists, personal, real life, shopping, sydney, university
Tagged with add it to the list, home is where all my stuff is, it's all about ME, life around here, life itself, uni days
- Semester 1 is officially over – all my assignments are submitted, and I don’t have any responsibilities until July 29th, when Semester 2 starts up.
- With Semester 1 done, I have a pile of books loaded on my mother’s iPad (ack, I thought I was totally sold on the iPad, but then I saw the Samsung Note, with the stylus and the drawing, and the possibility of watching DVDs and drawing simultaneously… !) and plans to work on my digital drawing. If I can afford it, I might buy a sketch book just to work on practicing my anatomy drawing.
- Supanova, the Australian Pop Culture convention, is in Sydney next weekend! My sister and I have tickets for both days, and I’ve saved up some money to pick out some nerd gear! Hoping for the Despicable Me 2 Agnes Pop Vinyl figure, some Nintendo 1-Up Mushroom socks… and a ton of Sailor Moon gear. Last year, I only bought a packet of playing cards and some stickers, so this year I think I might splurge a little.
- My internet is ready to go… except my modem has arrived. Despite the phone monkey telling me that my modem was ordered and would be delivered, and we’d pay for it at the end of the month with the cost of my internet plan, it wasn’t. So, I wait – which was almost disastrous when I finishing off my assessment
- With my desk, chair and modem (on order ), the last things I need for my apartment are a proper fridge (I’m using my uncle’s bar fridge from the late 80s, early 90s… not exactly the most efficient piece of machinery), a nightstand, a microwave, an ottoman (the one I have my eyes on folds out into a single bed, which is perfect for when my mother or sister stay) and half a dozen lamps. My apartment is so terribly dark. I never noticed how expensive lamps were until I started shopping for some.