- Semester 1 is officially over – all my assignments are submitted, and I don’t have any responsibilities until July 29th, when Semester 2 starts up.
- With Semester 1 done, I have a pile of books loaded on my mother’s iPad (ack, I thought I was totally sold on the iPad, but then I saw the Samsung Note, with the stylus and the drawing, and the possibility of watching DVDs and drawing simultaneously… :love:!) and plans to work on my digital drawing. If I can afford it, I might buy a sketch book just to work on practicing my anatomy drawing.
- Supanova, the Australian Pop Culture convention, is in Sydney next weekend! My sister and I have tickets for both days, and I’ve saved up some money to pick out some nerd gear! Hoping for the Despicable Me 2 Agnes Pop Vinyl figure, some Nintendo 1-Up Mushroom socks… and a ton of Sailor Moon gear. Last year, I only bought a packet of playing cards and some stickers, so this year I think I might splurge a little.
- My internet is ready to go… except my modem has arrived. Despite the phone monkey telling me that my modem was ordered and would be delivered, and we’d pay for it at the end of the month with the cost of my internet plan, it wasn’t. So, I wait – which was almost disastrous when I finishing off my assessment
- With my desk, chair and modem (on order :cranky:), the last things I need for my apartment are a proper fridge (I’m using my uncle’s bar fridge from the late 80s, early 90s… not exactly the most efficient piece of machinery), a nightstand, a microwave, an ottoman (the one I have my eyes on folds out into a single bed, which is perfect for when my mother or sister stay) and half a dozen lamps. My apartment is so terribly dark. I never noticed how expensive lamps were until I started shopping for some.
I have a desk!
And a desk chair!
Aren’t they beautiful? I also scored a eight-dollar side table, and purchased this adorable pencil holder to celebrate the acquisition and assembly of my desk and chair (oh man, I started late one night and managed to put at least half of the desk together backwards or upside down – I thought my mother was going to beat me with one of the parts :oops:.)
And some beautiful self-promotion – I started pinning everything I got for my apartment right here, if you’d like to see more of my budding interior decorating skills.
Now I just need to find some lamps that actually provide useful light, rather than just ambience or something else that I have to dust, that don’t cost more than my rent or are super ugly. There’s an entire world of shopping out there that I haven’t truly considered before, and it’s wonderful :nyah:.
I fell in the street, skinned both my knees and upset my bad knee again. :( Ice packs, pain killers and bizarre stretches have become me. It’s very strange to fall asleep with an ice pack against your knee.
New phone <3 I finally replaced my beloved iPhone 4 with an iPhone 5. It’s shiny and new and with an utterly amazing camera (for an iPhone XD). Just getting all my apps on it is taking an age. I haven’t totally discarded my iPhone 4 – it’s just evolved into being my music-and-amusement gadget.
Iron Man 3 was amazing and incredible. We saw The Avengers on the big screen first (so, so much better on the big screen. The details I never noticed before were incredible) and then, at midnight, when into the Gold Class cinema (16 seats, all of them the most amazingly comfortable recliners) to see Iron Man 3. It was so much fun – I was so worried I’d fall asleep, being after midnight and have already sat through The Avengers, but I was transfixed the entire time. But now I totally have to see it again, so that I can write a ‘Avengers come to help Tony out because the shit that went down was way too major for them to simply not care’ fic.
University is okay. Finished Nightmare Group Assignment #1, onto Group Assignment #2, with a group that works way better together. On a not unrelated note, the next person who tells me they have a domain, when yes, they have a domain named but its re-routed to their tumblr page/blogspot/facebook, is getting punched in the face. It. Does. Not. Count. Seriously, before I finally mastered WordPress, I coded all my pages in HTML in Notepad; all of my blog posts were written in HTML by hand, and uploaded by WS_FTP; definitely a labour of love. I also ran 10+ fanlistings the same way. Dedication, thy name is Alexandra. I get so frustrated how easy it is for people to ‘have’ a website these days and yet have no idea how it works.
And on a totally unrelated note, I am actually totally prepared for Mother’s Day – I have three amazing presents, ready to be beautifully wrapped, and it’s going to be a weekend that my father is working away, so we get to have a nice, quiet all-about-Mum day. This has to be the first Mother’s Day in years that I’ve actually be organised, which is so both depressing and embarrassing. Living in Sydney has made gift shopping a lot easier.
And now I’m off to make tea and have a shower