- Semester 1 is officially over – all my assignments are submitted, and I don’t have any responsibilities until July 29th, when Semester 2 starts up.
- With Semester 1 done, I have a pile of books loaded on my mother’s iPad (ack, I thought I was totally sold on the iPad, but then I saw the Samsung Note, with the stylus and the drawing, and the possibility of watching DVDs and drawing simultaneously… :love:!) and plans to work on my digital drawing. If I can afford it, I might buy a sketch book just to work on practicing my anatomy drawing.
- Supanova, the Australian Pop Culture convention, is in Sydney next weekend! My sister and I have tickets for both days, and I’ve saved up some money to pick out some nerd gear! Hoping for the Despicable Me 2 Agnes Pop Vinyl figure, some Nintendo 1-Up Mushroom socks… and a ton of Sailor Moon gear. Last year, I only bought a packet of playing cards and some stickers, so this year I think I might splurge a little.
- My internet is ready to go… except my modem has arrived. Despite the phone monkey telling me that my modem was ordered and would be delivered, and we’d pay for it at the end of the month with the cost of my internet plan, it wasn’t. So, I wait – which was almost disastrous when I finishing off my assessment
- With my desk, chair and modem (on order :cranky:), the last things I need for my apartment are a proper fridge (I’m using my uncle’s bar fridge from the late 80s, early 90s… not exactly the most efficient piece of machinery), a nightstand, a microwave, an ottoman (the one I have my eyes on folds out into a single bed, which is perfect for when my mother or sister stay) and half a dozen lamps. My apartment is so terribly dark. I never noticed how expensive lamps were until I started shopping for some.
Oh dear god. What the freaking hell, November? As if you aren’t enough of an asshole, with NanoWrimo dominating, year after year. This November is ridiculous.
So, I have NanoWrimo to write, daily, especially since the gap between the word goal and my advance has closed over the weekend. I’m maybe 900 words ahead of the official goal. The I have my art school interview, so I have to print and mount my portfolio today and tomorrow. We leave for Sydney Thursday afternoon (which actually pissed me off; I was hoping to get up there early, but once again, everyone else takes priorities over me. Ugh), and return Friday sometime. Plus I am actively trying to get a Christmas job which, quite frankly, is going terribly.
Then combine that with my usual internet and person commitments (1.5 hours at the gym or training every single day, Neopets, Deviantart and my favourite trading card game just reopened online, and various writing commitments I’ve made) and the things on break (written-word.org, Livejournal, all my fan fiction, twitter) plus uni and general life stuff, I am just so… screwed. Seriously.
I absolutely know that next year, I’m going to have to prioritise everything, but I loathe to think what I’ll have to give up, since I really love doing everything on my list. It’s just… there are only so many hours in a day!
Anyway, before Thursday, I have to
– print and mount my work for my portfolio
– pack my suitcase
– hit 35.5k on NanoWrimo
– tidy up my room so it’s not a bomb site when I get home from Sydney
Seriously. I have no idea when I’m going to get everything done.
Five Things I Want to Buy When I Get a Job…
- My beloved Mirror Mirror Wedges from Gorman. Seriously, those shoes are amazing-balls. I think I’ve finally begun hitting my stride as far as my sort of style goes, and these shoes are
- New Momiji Dolls! They’re about to reopen distribution in Australia. It’s been almost a year, and I think there are half a dozen limited-edition dolls I have on hold, and then around half a dozen regular edition that I need to acquire.
- An iPhone 5! I get my iPhone 4 on a plan, so it’s actually cheaper for me to switch phones when my contract expires. The only reason I’ve put it off is because of unemployment – I didn’t want to be committed to a contract at the moment. That, and Marc Jacobs hasn’t released any cute iPhone 5 cases yet
- Books! I have e-book copies of Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor, and Cinder by Marissa Meyer, and I really, really want hard copies. Those are just two of the books I’m busting for. My fishpond wishlist is rather long, and Amazon Kindle charges double for Australian users. Australian ebook retailers can charge up to $30 for an ebook, which isn’t ever going to happen,
- A Kate Spade bangle! Her idiom bangles are awesome-sauce, and I’ve been eyeing them off for ages. Her pink one disappeared for ages, but it has just come back in, and it must be mine. Maybe for Christmas?
This is what a trip to Sydney will do to you. Make you want a load of beautiful things, but you are so utterly broke, all you can do is gaze dreamily at online stores. (You can check out most of these items on my Pinterest, if you’re interested. I’m just dreaming my money away right now :nyah:)