Back to Top
- End of semester is here! Which means I am up to my elbows in half-finished projects. I have an essay, a presentation, a multimedia ebook, and a set of postcards that all have to be completed in the next fortnight. It’s a lot, but I’m crossing my fingers that I have everything under control. And, without blowing my own horn, the ebook is looking quite cool.
- I went to TeenCon: Cornucopia Sunday morning, as a part of the Sydney Writer’s Festival. I’ll do a whole post about it, but it was fun, and I’ll definitely be snagging tickets against next year.
- Got a phone call yesterday, to hear that one of our cats – Bob – had been attacked by the cat that was hiding in our shed, and had his tongue lacerated :sob:. My mother and sister dropped him off at our vet this morning (they took him to see an emergency vet yesterday), and I’m just waiting to hear the vet’s verdict. Most likely? Surgery. Poor man-cat. He’s just trying to protect his kingdom.
- Got a very polite but firm email requesting student presence in today’s lecture, and I like my lecturer, so I made plans to attend. And was promptly rewarded by the universe, as I won a book in a Facebook contest – one that was actually presented at TeenCon, which is very cool.
- My washing machine has gone kaput again. This time? Tripping the power of my apartment. So, I have to make plans to get it repaired, and drag my laundry down to the laundromat. I’m frustrated – more money I have to scramble to find. And I freaking hate having to pay someone to do something I am perfectly capable of doing myself – like my laundry (my local laundromat is tiny and very busy – usually the only option is to drop my stuff off, and pick it up later.)
- Right now, I am really looking forward to lunch.