Five things …
- Is overexposing photos currently trendy? All the photos that are appearing on blogs I follow and on Pinterest’s photography category are super washed out, and yet the photographers are told they are just amazing. I’m the most amateur of amateur photographers, and if I can tell something is overexposed… well, it might be time to take a good long look at your shots.
- So many of the super popular blogs – the ones that earn enough for people to live on – have no content. Like, seriously. The entries are three lines ‘I saw a kid with a banana in the supermarket and remember how my sister and I used to play a game… what are your favourite banana recipes?’ Er, seriously, how do you earn money off this site, let alone enough to raise your family on? Seriously, please tell me because I am totally baffled.
- I really need to replace my Starbucks tumbler. It was one of those plastic ones, and it happened to be BPA plastic, so I quit using it ages ago. And I miss drinking out of it. I don’t know if they’ve changed the type of plastic, but I’ll have to check out a Starbucks this weekend, in Sydney. I also must, must, must see the inside of Books Kinokuniya for my Sailor Moon and Avatar: the Last Airbender fix.
- One of my favourite Sailor Moon artists, KumaCrafts, makes these amazing necklaces based on the brooches from the anime, and she’s restocking again before Christmas! I was crushed to miss out the time before last and just let it go in the hopes I’d get a job before the next restock went up, so I could pay for the two I’ve picked out myself. Nothing will make me happier than seeing two of those necklaces in my Christmas stocking!
- Now that one of my beloved birthday presents – The Sims 3: Showtime – has installed, I’m off to mess with the new features for a little while and then take my sister’s puppy to the beach for awhile.